PDA

View Full Version : Nautical Mile Cruise Night

JpMotorsports
07-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Tonight is the Nautical Mile Cruise in St. Clair Shores on the Nautical Mile (from 9 mile to 10 mile on Jefferson Ave.) I'll be heading out there tonight after work. Anyone else going? Heres more info on the show. http://www.nauticalmile.org/flyers/2011/NMMA-Car-Cruise-2011-Flyer.pdf

Ms Grumpy
07-14-2011, 05:13 PM
I am sitting her contemplating if I want to go. The e-ways heading there are so screwy right now. It is probably a beautiful cruise, right along the water of Lake St. Clair. It is such a good organization that it is supporting. Man...my body is saying stay home but my head is saying..you know you wanna drive your car.

JpMotorsports
07-15-2011, 06:56 AM
It was a really good time. Not the biggest show/cruise but still a decent number or cars. I think if they had 1 main lot big enough to hold a lot of cars in their lot its be a little better or if they moved it to a Saturday and shut down that part of Jefferson (kind of like St. Ignace does) it could get a lot of people and cars down there. But the marinas and restaurants on the water wouldn't go for it since no one could get in there.

Ms Grumpy
07-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Me and the kids went down there and cruised down Jefferson from 11 mile down to just north of 8 mile. We turned around and cruised back up and then went and got Ice Cream. It is such a nice area but it was like the cars were in lots sporadically. I supposed if we had gotten down there at 6 pm when it started it might have been different. But we drove through around 8pm and it was supposed to go until 9pm.

I think that this is a wonderful idea, they just need to figure out a way to have it beneficial to the businesses so that they will want to participate. Either that or to use the Lakeview High School which is located on 11 mile and has a big parking lot where the cars can park and have a gather.

JpMotorsports
07-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Me and the kids went down there and cruised down Jefferson from 11 mile down to just north of 8 mile. We turned around and cruised back up and then went and got Ice Cream. It is such a nice area but it was like the cars were in lots sporadically. I supposed if we had gotten down there at 6 pm when it started it might have been different. But we drove through around 8pm and it was supposed to go until 9pm.

I think that this is a wonderful idea, they just need to figure out a way to have it beneficial to the businesses so that they will want to participate. Either that or to use the Lakeview High School which is located on 11 mile and has a big parking lot where the cars can park and have a gather.

Lakeview has a car show at the beginning of summer. It rained it out this year but hopefully next year will be a better turn out.

Ms Grumpy
07-19-2011, 07:59 PM
It is such a beautiful area, I hope they figure out a way to have a great turnout.