View Full Version : wiring harness question

SS Shaun
06-18-2011, 10:47 AM
OK guys and gals i got my wiring harness all nice and untangled and i wanted to start label my harness. I got my wiring diagram and i starting looking and i noticed something wrong. On my diagram it says PPL but i don't see purple wires i see pink in its place of PPL do i have the wrong harness? I have a assembly manual that came with my chevelle but it also shows me PPL where i have pink in my harness. Please give me a hand here. This is the full harness for the lights the gauges everything every wire for my car. thanks!

edit
its for a 69 chevelle

Hank70SS
06-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Where did you get the harness? I'm assuming a new harness so I would contact the people you bought from.

SS Shaun
06-18-2011, 11:20 PM
its the stock harness i found in the box with my car now the problem is everything in my diag shows me PPL but its pink :(

Hank70SS
06-19-2011, 06:07 AM
What harness is it, forward light harness, engine harness, both plug into junction block on firewall? Or is it the dash harness and where is the purple wire supposed to go? It may just be faded, it is 42 years old.

SS Shaun
06-19-2011, 10:39 AM
every harness for the car was in a box the front lights the dash the fuse box everything the only wires that are in place are the rear turn signals, and i would of never thought of a faded harness that is purple would turn pink..lol but i guess i have to look to it more i am going to work on it later today and tomorrow i guess