PDA

View Full Version : Auto Metal Direct Warehouse Tour

flash
06-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Guys and gals ,if you ever need classic car or truck sheetmetal this place has most likely got it .I went to my truck parts dealer today to pick up my 72 Chevy truck grill shell and inner grill and was told his son sold it while he was in the hospital not knowing it was mine. He asked me if I had time to go with him for a ride and I gladly said yes .We drove about 20 minutes to a huge warehouse in Buford Georgia that had more sheet metal from floor to ceiling as far as you cared to look. They told me this is the worlds largest classic auto sheetmetal warehouse in the world and I believe it .They had several very nice muscle cars in the showroom display area.They also had a very nice 72 big block Chevy truck and many of their hoods and quarter panels painted and proudly displayed .My grill shell was damaged when I got it out of the package so I will probably get another visit soon but I was very impressed with this place. Next time I will be prepared with a camera ,I would have this time if I had known .:banana:

grumpy
06-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Very cool. Sounds like my kind of place. Do you know if they are stamping the parts out here or Taiwan, like everyone else.

flash
06-17-2011, 10:27 PM
They are off shore but using their own tooling for a much better fit.

grumpy
06-18-2011, 04:15 AM
Great, I will keep em in mind for my next project.