PDA

View Full Version : Good News

shadowgray396
06-16-2011, 08:04 AM
My 70 CTX engine is finally done, I finally finished paying off the motor rebuilder so he assembled it and I'm bringing it home tomorrow. Even better news I don't have to be out of town next week which means I can get started on getting it ready to fire on my friends engine test stand before it goes back in the car. Had a few issues with the roller cam working in the old block, but everything has been resolved. Had the trans fixed two weeks ago from the leaks it had so everything is almost ready to go. Builder took pictures so I should be getting them in the next couple of days, I will post some.

smoke' em II
06-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Wow, that is good news Ray!!!:D It won't be long now and you will have your '70 out on the road SSoon.:banana:

flash
06-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Glad to hear Ray ,you will be ready by your show I hope . I saw Lee Anderson at Chevellabration ,do you know if he has gotten home yet ? I know they were planning several sight seeing events along the way back home.

Ms Grumpy
06-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Good for you Ray. Glad to hear that you will be able to work on it next weekend. I hate knowing that I have the parts, but don't have the time.

Hank70SS
06-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Good for you Ray. It's been a long time and a lot of hard work restoring that car. Should be awesome when done.

Ms Grumpy
06-17-2011, 08:49 AM
So..............
:worthless:

Berg
06-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Sounds good Ray, it looks like pretty soon you will have a complete car! I figure mine won't be getting to where I want it to be for at least another 10 years or so. At the moment I'm ok with it since I am making some forward progress. I bet you can't wait for the day to take that thing down the block.

shadowgray396
06-17-2011, 08:27 PM
So..............
:worthless:

I know I know, just got into town from a 9 day run. Plan to go over tomorrow and get some pictures. It's only primered at this point. Plan to fire it then paint it just incase there might be a problem. All I can say there better not be.
Ray

grandsport
06-17-2011, 08:40 PM
With all the setbacks you have had,hopefully it will be smooth from now on!

shadowgray396
06-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Some motor pic's. Primered at this time.

Motor looked like this when I started.