PDA

View Full Version : Frankenmuth this year

FlintTony
06-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Who's going? I registered today.

Hank70SS
06-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Well, since you're going I guess we will too. As long as Kathy comes with you, she's a lot of fun, you, not so much. :p I got my registration in the mail the other day too but I always register online. Still debating taking the motorhome and staying across the road from the Bavarian Inn instead of paying $400 to stay at the BI. Lynda hasn't driven the motorhome and doesn't want to. She can't drive a stick and doesn't want to drive the Chevelle. That poses a problem getting both of them up there. Either way we'll be there Tony, with the grill so we can cook some burgers and dogs. :drunk:

FlintTony
06-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Cool Hank. Can Henry drive the MH up? I did the online registration too. I may take the Nomad and the 34.

Hank70SS
06-16-2011, 06:13 AM
He'll probably have to work on the Friday. We'll figure something out. You need to bring 34 if you can. Show off all the hard work you did on it.

Ms Grumpy
06-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Kids have been bugging us to go. They loved it, so I guess I will look into it.

FlintTony
06-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Bring them up, but keep them away from Hank. He's a bad influence.

Ms Grumpy
06-17-2011, 08:43 AM

Do you know grumpy ???

Hank70SS
06-17-2011, 05:02 PM

Tony is right, and who would know better than him! :butt1:

A few thousand cars, some good friends, some grilled burgers and dogs, maybe even a beer or two. What else could you ask for.

Ms Grumpy
06-17-2011, 07:50 PM
a place to park and a place to stay. lol

RBeckman
06-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Hank, bring the rolling turd up Thursday night to get a real good spot. I can give you a hand if needed.

Hank70SS
06-18-2011, 06:21 AM
a place to park and a place to stay. lol

Can't help with a place to stay but there's plenty of room to park if you're talking about the Chevelle. You can join our gang if you want. Start calling for a place to stay, I bet you can find something. I hear attendance at CB 11 was about half of what it was 2 years ago. I think the economy is keeping a lot of people at home.

Hank70SS
06-18-2011, 06:26 AM
Hank, bring the rolling turd up Thursday night to get a real good spot. I can give you a hand if needed.

You just want my room at the BI. Not sure what we'll do. You keep trying to get a room Ric. If we do take the turd you can have the room but like I said, keep trying.

RBeckman
07-29-2011, 07:31 PM
You just want my room at the BI. Not sure what we'll do. You keep trying to get a room Ric. If we do take the turd you can have the room but like I said, keep trying.

I just got a room at the Fairfield INN by Marriott on main street across from the Frankenmuth Brewery....the best of both worlds. Leslie is very happy so that makes me happy.:banana:

Ms Grumpy
07-29-2011, 09:35 PM
My problem is that we need 2 rooms, one for us and one for the kids.

Bowtie-Bri
07-30-2011, 11:08 PM
My problem is that we need 2 rooms, one for us and one for the kids.
Just keep trying. There's always cancellations. Pick a couple places and start calling. Good luck and we're looking forward to meeting you!

Hank70SS
07-31-2011, 07:01 AM
I just got a room at the Fairfield INN by Marriott on main street across from the Frankenmuth Brewery....the best of both worlds. Leslie is very happy so that makes me happy.:banana:
That's great Ric. Now you can hang around for the big block party on Friday and cruising main street on Saturday.

RBeckman
08-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Ok, back to the bricks is behind us, we need to start planning for Frankenmuth as it is 3 weeks away. Who's in?

FlintTony
08-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Kathy and I will be there.

Ms Grumpy
08-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Still trying to manage squeezing Frankenmuth in.

robo3
09-01-2011, 09:00 PM
ill be there fri and sat where does everyone park?

flash
09-01-2011, 09:54 PM
We wont be there but maybe someday after someone tells us what it is .

Bowtie-Bri
09-02-2011, 12:01 AM
ill be there fri and sat where does everyone park?

In the past we've parked along the blue fence along the back of the Bavarian Inn. In the past couple of years the group has been parking right across from that area (one row in). It's nice and flat to set up canopys side by side. Hope to see you there! I own the red Chevelle.
I have the SS wheels on now. The Gold Chevelle, sadly won't be there this year.:(

FlintTony
09-02-2011, 04:29 AM
We wont be there but maybe someday after someone tells us what it is .

http://www.rsvpbook.com/event.php?454966

Ms Grumpy
09-02-2011, 05:38 PM
flash has so much on his bucket list. Maybe we can get him to take 3 weeks from late August to Mid September. That way he can do the Woodward Dream Cruise (which I know is on his bucket list), then maybe Baker's, some of the local cruises and finish up with Frankenmuth. We could find a lot of car things for him and Joan to do here for at least 3 weeks.

flash
09-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Ms Grumpy ,you sound a lot like Joan . And I like the way you are thinking ,three weeks of car stuff would be heavenly.

RBeckman
09-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Hank,
We as your friends have it all worked out, We will meet at your house at 5:00 A.M. We will load you in Tony's Nomad Bowtie smiley and strap you down on a back board in the back ( He has installed special straps to hold you in during one of his many 5000 RPM that he is enjoys doing). For you listening pleasure everyones headers will be uncapped and we guarantee your subdivision will be talking about you all day. Ray, Brian, Eric, The Grumpys and I will all caravan up there.

When you get there in about a hour you will have a special golf cart (see pic) waiting for you that has a build in with plenty of your favorite RX's:beer: We will do our best to make you comforable.

We have worked it out with the city of Frankenmuth that you will be able to use the Cass River for all your bathing needs.

You in?

flash
09-02-2011, 08:16 PM
If Hank aint interested come get me.

Hank70SS
09-03-2011, 08:08 AM
This is really bumming me out. I'm going to miss sitting around with my buds, drinking a beer, grilling some burgers, checkin out all the cars.

At some point every day, I sit here and think, "I broke my butt! I can't believe I broke my butt. Nobody breaks their butt. People break their arms, legs, wrists, etc., but nobody breaks their butt."

Bowtie-Bri
09-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Hank, when people say, WOW, who did the awesome job on your roof ?? You can say, Well I did it myself.....I literally "busted my ass" workin on that roof. :butt1:

FlintTony
09-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Getting close. Who's gonna be there? What time are you guys planning on arriving? I'm leaving here at 8, should put me there at 8:30. The line at registration should'nt be too long then.

Ms Grumpy
09-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Hank, when people say, WOW, who did the awesome job on your roof ?? You can say, Well I did it myself.....I literally "busted my ass" workin on that roof. :butt1:

And it was a pain in the ass !

Ms Grumpy
09-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Tony, we will probably be there, but we are not taking the car. We are looking to get the starter replaced and that weekend is looking like when it might be done. The kids really want to go and they will bug us until we head up that way.

From what I have read you guys should be pretty close to the same spot you were last year.

Bowtie-Bri
09-06-2011, 02:52 AM
Tony, we will probably be there, but we are not taking the car. We are looking to get the starter replaced and that weekend is looking like when it might be done. The kids really want to go and they will bug us until we head up that way.

From what I have read you guys should be pretty close to the same spot you were last year.

I had to work on my starter this past Saturday. I had to reshim it because it was getting to noisy. The oil is changed and I'm waiting for a couple window switches to show up. Hopefully before we leave for Frankenmuth I can get those installed.

FlintTony
09-06-2011, 04:29 AM
We should be in the same area. Stop in and say hi.

Ray, are you coming up?

Ms Grumpy
09-06-2011, 05:31 PM
The starter should be here tomorrow. So let's keep our fingers crossed.

FlintTony
09-06-2011, 05:50 PM
The starter should be here tomorrow. So let's keep our fingers crossed.

Great! I hope you can make it.

flash
09-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I wish we could be there but we are leaving for Maine saturday evening via Nashville for the first night ,then to Ohio .From there the plans have not been passed on to us yet ,but Niagara Falls have been mentioned .

RBeckman
09-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Tony, I can meet you there at 8:30...if not to many people show up I think we should grap a space in the same area just along the fence...If a lot of people show up then we should get the same spot. I'd like to see us all line up as it would be some good photo ops. I'll bring my Chevelle tent.

If you hear from Ray, tell him that there is a big Ironing Board sale in Frankenmuth during the weekend and it would go with his new Iron that he missed "back to bricks" to go buy.

RBeckman
09-06-2011, 08:22 PM
I wish we could be there but we are leaving for Maine saturday evening via Nashville for the first night ,then to Ohio .From there the plans have not been passed on to us yet ,but Niagara Falls have been mentioned .

It's to bad you are not leaving two days earlier, as Frankenmuth is only about a 45 mins out your way if you are heading to Niagara Falls if you are going through Port Huron via I-69. In fact you are driving right by Hanks and Ray's house, then a 1/2 up the road you will go by my house and then anothe 1/2 right by Tony's. If you thinking about going into Canada VIA Detroit I would advise not to and take the 1-69 route up to Flint then to Port Huron.

My Wife and I went to Maine a couple years ago, and it was great...loved driving up the east coast. If you go to Niagara, go to the Candian side as it is much nicer than the US side, hate to say it but it's true.

flash
09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Cant do the Canadian side as we dont have a Pass Port .

FlintTony
09-07-2011, 05:13 AM
Ric...I'm bringing the Nomad up on Fri morning. My friend is bringing his 65 Dodge up at the same time. We have to come back home around noon to take care of the dogs. If the weather is good, I'm taking the 34 hot-rod back up with me. I would rather park where we were last year, due to the angle of the ground at the fence side. I have enough trouble standing on level ground.
If you have any more of the proportioning valves, I can use another one. I gave mine to a friend for his 68 SS Chevelle.
I can't wait to see Brians car with the factory wheels on it. I'm sure it looks better than it did with the big ones he had before.

RBeckman
09-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Ric...I'm bringing the Nomad up on Fri morning. My friend is bringing his 65 Dodge up at the same time. We have to come back home around noon to take care of the dogs. If the weather is good, I'm taking the 34 hot-rod back up with me. I would rather park where we were last year, due to the angle of the ground at the fence side. I have enough trouble standing on level ground.
If you have any more of the proportioning valves, I can use another one. I gave mine to a friend for his 68 SS Chevelle.
I can't wait to see Brians car with the factory wheels on it. I'm sure it looks better than it did with the big ones he had before.

That works for me on the parking, and yes I have another prop valve for you and a slave cylinder as well that we talked about. I need to call John (silver Chevelle) to see if he going to make it up well.

RBeckman
09-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Tony and Brian, we may want to think again about parking as it is going to wet even when it quits raining as our normal spot is kind of low. I just checked Frankenmuth weather vs Fenton and it's a lot more favorable for the weekend....

Brian, what time were you planning to be in Frankenmuth?

Ms Grumpy
09-08-2011, 05:49 PM
I was thinking about where you guys usually park and I do agree, it is pretty low and at the bottom of a hill. Where are you guys thinking about moving to ? Post it if you know, that way we can find you.

FlintTony
09-08-2011, 06:05 PM
It rained all day last year on Sat. I don't remember it getting too bad there. Oh wait, I drank beer all day! Disregard my second sentence. About all we can do is take a drive through the park when we get there and have a look-see. MsGrumpy, I'll PM you my cell and you can call us if you make it. Did the starter get here?

RBeckman
09-08-2011, 07:23 PM
I just remember the year we were by the port a poppers they ended up bringing all that mulch in there so the people could drive down that way. Tony you are right though it did rain all day Saturday and we were fine...I think as I drank a few as well......I don't think our chairs were floating so it was good.

RBeckman
09-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Just got this email from the autofest team.

Frankenmuth Auto Fest Park Report

It has been raining VERY LITTLE in Frankenmuth.

Heritage Park is dry.* Parking should be fine.

We are looking forward to seeing you.

Bowtie-Bri
09-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Tony and Brian, we may want to think again about parking as it is going to wet even when it quits raining as our normal spot is kind of low. I just checked Frankenmuth weather vs Fenton and it's a lot more favorable for the weekend....

Brian, what time were you planning to be in Frankenmuth?

Our plan is to arrive in Frankenmuth between 6:30 and 7am. Call me crazy, I'm planning to park next to the port-o-poopers. I can't help it so convenient.:butt1:

FlintTony
09-09-2011, 03:59 AM
Just got this email from the autofest team.

Frankenmuth Auto Fest Park Report

It has been raining VERY LITTLE in Frankenmuth.

Heritage Park is dry.* Parking should be fine.

We are looking forward to seeing you.

All right! Lets roll!

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/48787

Ms Grumpy
09-09-2011, 05:25 PM
I was amazed to see that you posted at 5am Tony. I hope you guys got a great spot. We hope to be able to make it out there. As long as things work out time wise.

And yes the starter came in late yesterday. But I was not able to get it put on before this weekend. bummer...

FlintTony
09-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Just got home. We had a real nice spot. Weather was great. Ric set up his canopy, we set ours up, drank some beers, ate some groceries. Had a good time. Nice to be home though.

Ms...I'm an early riser. Wish you guys could have made it up. Next year.

Ms Grumpy
09-11-2011, 05:52 PM
I am so glad that you guys had a nice spot. It started raining really hard here about an hour ago, but it sounds like you made it home before running into any of that.

I have been soooo sick this weekend. I think that the Mac truck that hit me had a trailer on it, and then backed up over me.

Bowtie-Bri
09-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Ms. Grumpy,
Sorry you and your hubby couldn't make it this year. The weather couldn't of been any better than it was.
I would like to say congrats to Tony. He took home a Top 25 award with his awesome 34 HOTrod. :ntwrthy:

Ms Grumpy
09-11-2011, 08:48 PM
CONGRATS TONY !!!!

That is so cool..... You need to post a pic of your car and the trophy.

FlintTony
09-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Thanks Brian. We had a good time. Hope to see you and your wife again next year.

Wish that Hank and Lynda could have made it. We drank a beer in Hanks honor. My buddy Mike got your spot Hank. He has a nice 69 Yenko Camaro clone.

Hank70SS
09-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Congrats on the award Tony. Wish we could have been there with you guys, glad the weather was good for you.

RBeckman
09-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Here are some Pics...not very good ones thou.

1. The spot we saved for Hank.
2. Our cars lined up, Dodge is Tony's friend Tony and what a car that is, Then Tony's Mad Gasser and His 34 and then my Chevelle.
3. The view from the covered Bridge
4. The View from the Frankenmuth Brewery were we ate
5. And the highlight of the weekend Tony in the top 25 pics out of over 5000 pre 1978.

One cool thing they did this year for Chevrolets 100 years is that they had a parade in town with all 100 years of Chevrolets and then they had a special area in the park for the weekend.

Ms Grumpy
09-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Ric thanks for the pics. It doesn't look at all like it rained all week. I like the spot you saved for Hank.

SpartyChevelle
09-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi Ric! I found the site, I had no idea this forum even existed. Anyway, it was was to meet you at Autofest. Hopefully I will be able to find some time to get on here and get to know the rest of you. The wife, kids and I had a great time up there, we plan on going back next year.

I'm Aaron <-- I'm still trying to figure out this site and I'm not sure if my name is showing up on my posts.

ETA: I think I figured out what I need to do.

Bowtie-Bri
09-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi Ric! I found the site, I had no idea this forum even existed. Anyway, it was was to meet you at Autofest. Hopefully I will be able to find some time to get on here and get to know the rest of you. The wife, kids and I had a great time up there, we plan on going back next year.

I'm Aaron <-- I'm still trying to figure out this site and I'm not sure if my name is showing up on my posts.

Welcome to the site Aaron!
It was an awesome show for sure!

RBeckman
09-13-2011, 01:07 PM

Everyone;

The Green Chevelle behind the open spot is Aaron's and I did not get to talk to him till Sunday Morning as I did not even see him or his Wife, but Just the Chevelle that looks like our buddy Ray's. (I'm thinking his two toddlers kept him and his wife very busy).

It was great talking to Aaron and his wife and told him about this site. Next year hopfully they can park with us and the rest of the Chevelle family shows up.

Hank70SS
09-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi Aaron, that empty spot was mine. The guys held it for me even though they knew I couldn't make it. Welcome to the site, hope we can meet up some day. I live in Brighton and our friend Ray, has a 69 same color as yours, also lives in Brighton so we're close to you.

FlintTony
09-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Welcome Aaron. I didn't get to meet you, but I did take a look at your 69. Nice car!

SpartyChevelle
09-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks everyone! The kids did keep us busy, but I did get to sit with the car and listen to most of the MSU game on Saturday. :D

I probably would have run into some of you at Baker's but we've only been able to make it down there once this year....made it down 3-4 times last year though. My wife works weekends, so with the 2 kids (toddlers) it's not always easy to hit the shows/cruise ins on the weekends....but hopefully it'll get easier as they get older.