PDA

View Full Version : Differential cover leaking......Arh

Bowtie-Bri
04-30-2011, 10:13 AM
I used a gasket and the permatex "Ultra Gray" gasket sealant. Yesterday when I was under my car, I noticed a drip hanging from the bottom of the diff. I retorqued the bolts, but its still leaking.:mad: So now I'm about to remove the cover, clean everything up and try again. Since the car hasn't been drivin yet, I'm planning to reuse the gear oil.
Wish me luck....:(

Ms Grumpy
04-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Brian, I hope that everything works out. Good Luck !

Hank70SS
04-30-2011, 05:26 PM
That's what you get for messing with shit that ain't broke. J/K, I'm sure you'll get it sealed up

itamike
04-30-2011, 07:43 PM
I used a gasket and the permatex "Ultra Gray" gasket sealant. Yesterday when I was under my car, I noticed a drip hanging from the bottom of the diff. I retorqued the bolts, but its still leaking.:mad: So now I'm about to remove the cover, clean everything up and try again. Since the car hasn't been drivin yet, I'm planning to reuse the gear oil.
Wish me luck....:(

Good luck Brian,i'm sure you will win,just curious,is in a girdle type aluminum cover or stock diff cover?

Bowtie-Bri
04-30-2011, 09:26 PM
That's what you get for messing with shit that ain't broke. J/K, I'm sure you'll get it sealed up
Just trying to make it alittle better Hank.:)
You know how it goes, tamper with something that holds oil, and you risk the chance of leaks. Hopefully it won't leak this time.

Good luck Brian,i'm sure you will win,just curious,is in a girdle type aluminum cover or stock diff cover?
Thanks Mike,
Its a stock diff. cover. check out the pics in the thread about my rearend (Differential) that is. :D Those are pics I posted last week before I put it back into the car.

flash
05-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Good luck with the drip.

Bowtie-Bri
05-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Today I refilled the diff. Hopefully its sealed and won't leak. Might be taking it out for a test drive this weekend.:)