PDA

View Full Version : Alive again!!!

Highway Star
03-14-2011, 08:51 AM
My Chevelle is road worthy again. I'm pretty excited about it. Over the last month or so, I've done a few things to get it going...

2 front tires (belts were blown apart on old ones)
Holley 80457 rebuild (internal vacuum leak issue...seems to be resolved)
Distributor re-curve kit taken out...back to stock (Mr. Gasket kit...only gave 10 degrees mech. advance, and was all in by 2400)

I've done a few other things, but those were the crucial items keeping me from driving it.

I slapped in a new triple gauge that matched my tach, and wired in a nice aftermarket stereo and speakers.

Looks like I need a starter though, testing at AutoZone revealed that my battery and alternator are good, but the that starter is weak.

I took my boys for a cruise and we stopped at sonic for an ice cream...after a good wash and detail job yesterday. It was about 75 degrees, blue sky.

smokenjoep01
03-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Hell ya! Glad to hear. ENJOY

BillsCamino
03-14-2011, 10:41 AM
"On the road again...." :cool:

Highway Star
03-14-2011, 10:48 AM
It was placed on the injured reserve list back in June of last year. I am pretty stoked that it is going again...

It felt good to get that carb built right, too. Now I'm worried that I need a bigger one. :D

grumpy
03-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Congrats on getting her back on the road.

Hank70SS
03-14-2011, 11:26 AM
A cruise in the Chevelle sounds good. Glad you got it back on the road.

Ms Grumpy
03-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah Jake. I am jealous, 75 degrees !! We are getting excited that it is going to be in the 40's here this week.

I love the fact that I was not the only one who was driving around with out a radio. Hopefully you can hear yours about the "growl" of your car. Congrats !!