PDA

View Full Version : Chevelle Rejuvination 2011

Bowtie-Bri
01-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Just doing some refreshing on the back half of my car. I dropped the gastank, removed the rear shocks and swaybar.
Gonna repaint the rear frame section, rear end, exhaust and install a new gas tank. I think I might replace the rear coil springs and install KYB gas adjust shocks in the back. I want to try and lower the rear end to match the front end. Last year I installed CPP 1.5" drop springs in the front.
I thought I'd better get an early start this time rather than wait till spring when everyone else was out cruising. I did that last year and it sucked.:D "

Hank70SS
01-29-2011, 04:59 PM
You been doing some serious work the last years Brian. Good plan on starting early so you can enjoy it this summer, good luck.

Bowtie-Bri
02-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Well,
I've decided to pull the rear end out of my car. I'm taking it to a guy thats gonna go through it. I'm also going to get a gear change. I have a 700r4 trans. with 3:31's. I'm thinking 3:73's will work out alot better. Then I'm gonna detail and paint the rear end before I reinstall it. Why do I do this you ask? Because it keeps me out of T-R-O-U-B-L-E :D

Hank70SS
02-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Boy you're sure going through that car end to end Brian. With everything you've done you sure don't have time to get into trouble. I should be doing a few things on the Chevelle but I've been working on the motorhome. Want to make sure it's road worthy for the trip to FL at the end of the month. It won't look as pretty as your Chevelle but I'm pretty sure it will at least be safe.

Ms Grumpy
02-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Brian, if you happen to run out of things to do before the summer starts. I can always give you more.

Bowtie-Bri
02-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Brian, if you happen to run out of things to do before the summer starts. I can always give you more.
I don't think that will ever happen! I still have the Honey do list from my lovely wife.:D