PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Bricks 2011 (Flint, MI)

Bowtie-Bri
01-25-2011, 12:42 PM
I know its early, but I wondered if anyone here is planning to go this year?? I just got vac. approved so I can go.
Sounds like its gonna be awesome! I was looking at their schedule and it looks like Big Daddy "Don Garlits" is gonna be there!!
Heres a link to their website:http://www.backtothebricks.org/schedule/index.html

Hank70SS
01-25-2011, 01:34 PM
I plan on going. It rained all day here during the 2010 Back to the Bricks. I'm sure Ric and Tony will be there.

RBeckman
01-28-2011, 08:37 PM
I just got the email from organizers and I have the same 10 spots I had last year if I wanted them so I took them....we had a great spot.

They are also expanding it to surrounding cities this year the week before and calling it Back to the Bricks tune up parties from Aug 9, to Aug 13 (they are still in planning stages and there is a link in the website), the Flint area is really taking this to the max. It will be a full two weeks now, with the first week in different cities every nite. The show downtown Flint will be on the Aug 20. This is becoming the preimer car cruise.:banana:

http://www.backtothebricks.org/

grumpy
01-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Think we could get a few of us together up there ?

RBeckman
07-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Well who is going this year and needs a spot?

Ms Grumpy
07-29-2011, 09:33 PM
I need a spot. Do you have an "in" Ric ?

RBeckman
07-29-2011, 10:15 PM
I need a spot. Do you have an "in" Ric ?

Yes, I have 10 spots for team Chevelle. You do realize that this is the same day as Woodward and if remember you live right off Woodward.

Hank70SS
07-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Hey Ric, we'll be there, thanks for getting the spots. If they're not all spoken for I have friend here that wants to join us. He does have a 70 Chevelle along with a few other old cars.

FlintTony
07-30-2011, 06:17 PM
I think I'll bring the hot-rod down there this year. It looks like I am going to have "special" parking on Saginaw street. I'd like to get down by where you have the spots Ric. There's shade there!

How about Ray? Anyone know if he is coming?

Hank70SS
07-30-2011, 07:45 PM
I think I'll bring the hot-rod down there this year. It looks like I am going to have "special" parking on Saginaw street. I'd like to get down by where you have the spots Ric. There's shade there!

I don't know, guess I'll have to call him tomorrow and see what he's been up to. Haven't seen or talked to him in weeks. I think we can get him to join us since his car is running good this year.

Ms Grumpy
07-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Been seriously thinking of not doing Woodward on Saturday. I think that the weeks leading up to it are better. Now I will be in the Berkley Parade on Friday night, already registered. I actually have an extra registration since David sold his Jeep.

Bowtie-Bri
07-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Well who is going this year and needs a spot?

I'm planning to go Ric. If you have anymore spots left? Looking forward to it. ;)

RBeckman
08-08-2011, 06:18 PM

Tony, we are on Union at Saginaw St, Union is the street that is between Citzens Bank and the old Hyatt. Our shade and rain protection last year was Citzens Bank covered area that faces Union St, so it was perfect. As always you are welcome to park with us, or park in your prime spot and come and sit with us.

RBeckman
08-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Anyone that wants to park with us please send me your email addess so I can send you the directions and the process for getting to our parking area.

The gates open at 6 AM and they stated that we could lose our spots by 9 AM if everyone is not there.

My email address is richard.beckman@trw.com or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Ric

FlintTony
08-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Ric...Brian was asking about a spot. I've got a "volunteer" pass for parking, so I will be there at 5 am. I'm going to help set up the BTTB t-shirt booth. I'm going to try to get down where you guys are parking.

RBeckman
08-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Ric...Brian was asking about a spot. I've got a "volunteer" pass for parking, so I will be there at 5 am. I'm going to help set up the BTTB t-shirt booth. I'm going to try to get down where you guys are parking.

I'm a "volunteer" as well but they did not give me a special pass, I will manning one of the gates for 2 hours at Court and Harrison St at noon.

RBeckman
08-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Anyone that wants to park with us please send me your email addess so I can send you the directions and the process for getting to our parking area.

The gates open at 6 AM and they stated that we could lose our spots by 9 AM if everyone is not there.

My email address is richard.beckman@trw.com or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Ric

The only person I've from is Brian and I have sent him the information. Anyone else interested? I see the Grumpy's are having some issues (sorry to hear it) and maybe short on time getting car back on road. Hank and Ray...you guys still out there in internet land? The Cruise from Grand Blanc to Flint starts is Wed and Thursday this year.

We had a scheduled pre-cruise from Linden Mi to Fenton Mi on Thursday and it was great, we had 500 cars down town Fenton Thursday night with Bands, food and friends....good time. I know for you guys that are not from Mid Michigan are saying....so what...lol Tony, I know Davidson had the pre-cruise on Friday night, did not get a chance to get there...did you make it? See you Saturday if not before.

FlintTony
08-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Ric...Give Hank a call. He is wounded.

We went to Davison on Friday and Richfield Twp on Sat. Davison was packed, downtown and at Johns pizzeria. I took the Hot Rod on Fri and the Nomad on Sat. Had a blast. My brother is taking the Nova for the rest of the week, so we should run into you somewhere on the Bricks route.

RBeckman
08-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Ric...Give Hank a call. He is wounded.

We went to Davison on Friday and Richfield Twp on Sat. Davison was packed, downtown and at Johns pizzeria. I took the Hot Rod on Fri and the Nomad on Sat. Had a blast. My brother is taking the Nova for the rest of the week, so we should run into you somewhere on the Bricks route.

Hank called me today and told me the story and he won't be there Saturday, my buddy Eric (yellow Chevelle) won't be there either as he is in Poland for work. it looks as neither one of them will be at Frankenmuth either. Anything from Ray?

FlintTony
08-17-2011, 04:09 AM
I left Ray a message yesterday, but he hasn't called back. That is normal for him.

RBeckman
08-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Well the I went from 7 Chevelles and 3 misc at our parking spot to just mine. My Friend John told me last night that he is commited to watch his 2 year old Grandson on Saturday. So Team Chevelle club will be called "1 Chevelle and Friends"

So far it will be My Chevelle, 1956 Ford, 32 Couple (replica of John Millners), 68 Firebird, 53 Henry J, 72 Rivera and anyone I can find tonight on the rolling cruise. I need to get 10 cars so I don't lose this spot next year.

Tony, I just missed you and Kathy last night at Al Serra, I seen John (Silver Chevelle) and said you had just left... We ended up going into Down Town Grand Blanc to hang out as I heard going towards Flint was quite a adventure.