PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Dark Green SS Dash Housing for 1970 Chevelle

Berg
12-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Anyone out there have an SS round gauge dash housing for a 1970? I think a 71 would work also. I do not want the Monte Carlo housing where I have to fill in holes, I might be interested in a set of gauges too. I want to convert my car over from the Malibu sweep dash. I'd rather have a used GM dark green housing than to have to get a black aftermarket one and dye it. Willing to pick it up if its not tooooo far away. Thanks guys!
(631) 834-9905
kbchevyk30@aol.com

Hank70SS
12-24-2010, 01:14 PM
You're really limiting your options by looking for only a green dash. Odds are a 40 year old dash is going to require painting anyway.

Berg
12-27-2010, 03:09 PM
I hear ya but I'm hoping I can find one that is green all the way through. I just don't like the way the resprays are. Sadly, it looks like I'll end up painting/dying a dash if I can't find a good one.

Hank70SS
12-28-2010, 07:10 AM
My original dark saddle dash was black and the saddle area sprayed. Pretty sure that's how they all came from the factory. I got the dark saddle paint from NPD and think it looks good. I also used the light saddle from NPD on the console and arm rest bases, they turned out pretty good too.

Berg
12-28-2010, 08:09 AM
I might have to end up giving it a shot. My theory was maybe I'd find one that was close to the same 40 year old fade as my original interior but I guess if the seat covers and carpet are new, it couldn't hurt to spray the dash. I guess it is all in the prep work on these