PDA

View Full Version : Entered into a small local car show today

Rattler
11-13-2010, 10:49 PM
I drove the chevelle down to a car show today and entered it to help raise money for one of the local elementary schools. It was a great turn out for their first annual show. I think they had approx. 50-60 cars show up.

The chevelle won the Kids choice award Best of Show! :ntwrthy: I was speechless! Talk about having a fun day! :D

I guess they liked the not so pretty go fast look! LOL

http://www.allenitllc.com/hotrods/carshow11132010/four%20peaks%20car%20show%2011-13-2010%20016.jpg

http://www.allenitllc.com/hotrods/carshow11132010/four%20peaks%20car%20show%2011-13-2010%20017.jpg

Ms Grumpy
11-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Rattler that is so cool. I think that is probably one of the best awards that you could win.

Kids look at things with a different view, they don't care how much money you spent, they don't care how much time you put into it, they don't care if the numbers match, they don't care how many dents or ding are in the body and paint, they don't care how much time you spent cleaning it up.

They do care if the car looks cool, they do care if it looks like it could go fast, they do remember these cars.

Maybe you have made an impact on one of those kids, and maybe one day that kid will own a classic, and maybe one day you will be at a car show with one of those kids.

Congratulations again, I think that this is one of the coolest awards anyone could win.

shadowgray396
11-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Congrats on your award and looks like a fun day. Wish we had some sun here.

Ray

Rattler
11-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Rattler that is so cool. I think that is probably one of the best awards that you could win.

Kids look at things with a different view, they don't care how much money you spent, they don't care how much time you put into it, they don't care if the numbers match, they don't care how many dents or ding are in the body and paint, they don't care how much time you spent cleaning it up.

They do care if the car looks cool, they do care if it looks like it could go fast, they do remember these cars.

Maybe you have made an impact on one of those kids, and maybe one day that kid will own a classic, and maybe one day you will be at a car show with one of those kids.

Congratulations again, I think that this is one of the coolest awards anyone could win.

Thanks!
I think it's the coolest award I've ever received. You are so right about the kids perspectives Ms Grumpy. It will be a day I will never forget. :D

flash
11-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Whats not to like ? Great job and congrats .I would rather have the win from a kid any old day .

Ms Grumpy
11-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Whats not to like ? Great job and congrats .I would rather have the win from a kid any old day .

Amen flash.

Hank70SS
11-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Congratulations! Looks like you had nice weather and real good turnout. Nice job on the award.

Rattler
11-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Oh yes I love the Arizona weather this time of year. Sunny and in the mid 70's all month! :D

Ms Grumpy
11-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Boy am I jealous ! Last week it was beautiful here, unfortunately I was driving to and from Chicago in my full size Van while the sun was shining and it was in the 60's.