PDA

View Full Version : Gas leak from vent...

Warputer
10-18-2010, 06:55 AM
It only happens when she is 3/4 to full and the car is parked with the front down a hill. From what I can feel.....(can't see without dropping the tank)....there are 2 vents on the top front passenger side of the tank & this is where there is a drip. As I said....with 1/2 a tank or less, it does not leak.

I'm guessing one of the 2 hoses are probably dry rotted or the vent tube is cracked. Anyone else had this issue? I plan to drop the tank tonight & I'll let you guys know what I find.

Warputer
10-20-2010, 05:38 AM
Replaced both of the vent lines yesterday....the 3/8" line had a big blister on it, where it connects to the tank & the hose clamp was gone. The 1/4" line had a slit in it, at the lowest point......this explains the gas leak when the tank was full, especially when parked on a hill. I also added more length to the hoses, so the point that where they are open to vent, would be higher than the tank itself......gravity is very un-forgiving.

I'm just glad it wasn't the O-ring on the sending unit.....I really didn't want to drop the tank.:D

Hank70SS
10-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Glad you found the problem and it wasn't a major repair. Thanks for letting us know what you found.