PDA

View Full Version : What is your future plans ?

grumpy
09-24-2010, 07:57 AM
If you folks are anything like me, you always have a list of things you want to do to your cars.

A few of the things on my list is

Tires and rims
3" exhaust
Install center counsel
Moser 9"

So whats on your lists ?

Dave

Ms Grumpy
09-24-2010, 09:10 AM
I have been considering storing my car at a controlled temperature storage garage. Has anyone ever done this?

What are the pros and cons to doing this.

What kind of suggestions do you have for covering the car. Since the paint is less than 6 months old I do not have it waxed yet, have been told not to, and I was wondering how to cover it.

Any help would be appreciated.

flash
09-24-2010, 11:29 AM
My plans are to get rid of 2 current cars ,clean the convertible for Cruisin The Coast ,eventually restore my 72 chevy truck ,then drive my vert and camino some more.

grandsport
09-24-2010, 12:05 PM
I got a lot going on the next 6 months.:)

1. Partition off garage entrance to keep dogs away from my car.

2. Re-do Lindsays bedroom and turn it into office for the wife

3.Start ripping into my car after above projects are completed.Waving

flash
09-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Gary ,if you get busy you can be done by winter .Take some time away from selling cars ,drink you some beer and start taking that car apart. I could help you take it apart but putting all them pieces back together , you might have left over parts . But on the bright side of that you could sell them leftover parts to someone that knows where they go.

grandsport
09-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Gary ,if you get busy you can be done by winter .Take some time away from selling cars ,drink you some beer and start taking that car apart. I could help you take it apart but putting all them pieces back together , you might have left over parts . But on the bright side of that you could sell them leftover parts to someone that knows where they go.

I promised Maureen the house would be done first.:) And the extra cars I sell,go toward the project.

Warputer
09-24-2010, 02:38 PM
I can't put down the "whole" list but this is what is in the near future.....

3.73 gears
wheels & tires
window tint
paint
bucket seats w/ center console shifter conversion

Ms Grumpy
09-24-2010, 02:51 PM
My current plans are to win the lottery so that I can afford to do all the things I want to do with the car.

RBeckman
09-24-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm planning to put in a new gas tank and change all the fuel lines and put in new wire harness in the dash and a new stereo this winter and change the overflow hose on my raditor to make Tony happy as he gives me a hard time about it.

I will go through the car to make sure it's reliable as I'm thinking real hard about doing the HOT ROD POWER TOUR next year and the rumor is that it starts in Bristol Tn and ends in Detroit. It's on my Bucket list...anyone else?

Warputer
09-24-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm planning to put in a new stereo this winter

Me too....forgot that one on my list. I need one that has auxillary hook up for the Mp3 player.

Highway Star
09-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Figure out and fix or replace carb
Troubleshoot/repair battery drain problem
Diagnose and repair the "shimmy shimmy koko pop" that starts at 40 mph
Replace oil pressure gauge feed line with copper
Those are things I need to do so I can drive it.

It needs tires all the way around, and needs brake linings in the front.
Also front suspension needs repair/replace (clunks when braking or turning hard)

It needs new exhaust too, just haven't decided 3" or 2.5"

Then, I guess if I hit the lottery, I'll go for the OD trans/converter and gears...or a new rear.

Paint flames on the deck lid stripes just like the ones on the hood.

Oh yeah, and I have a stereo & speakers that have been waiting to go in for a couple years now.

I have to say, that when I replace the tires, I'd love to have a set of 17" wheels to mount them on.

Derek69SS
09-25-2010, 08:51 PM
This year: More power, less weight, working A/C, and a transmission that doesn't suck.

I'll be tearing my car apart in a couple weeks to get started on the LS1/T56 swap. Might stick some money into getting the HP into the low/mid 500s.

Maybe next year I'll get new wheels again... (currently on the 5th set of wheels I've bought for this car)

shadowgray396
09-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Just have a car that I can drive would be nice.

Seeb
09-27-2010, 10:17 AM
gotta do some cleanup on the 66 this winter, exhaust manifolds blasted and powder coated, also gonna pull the inner fenders out and have them repainted..... & last but not least, swap out the wheels with the correct coded JK steelies I picked up a couple years back.
The 69 just gonna do a little work on the exhaust alignment, it's hangin a little low and rubbing on the frame by the tails,

flash
10-01-2010, 10:29 PM
After driving season is done Ive got to replace the windshield and have some rock chips fixed in the 72 vert after our trip out west .Organize my shop, cut up my parts car and get rid of it,sell my 55 Bel Air, Try to sell my 68 Malibu project ,and then get Joans 81 Trans Am running.

Bowtie-Bri
10-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Well, seen as how I decided to work on my car this summer instead of waiting until this fall to do it. This summer I rebuilt the front suspension, rebuilt the top half of the engine, and painted everything under the hood. My list is smaller than it would have been. I've got a gas tank to replace and I'm thinking about doing something with the stereo, but I'm not sure yet. I've got a box with 2 VR 10's in the trunk along with 2 amps. It just doesn't sound as good as I'd like it to. As far as winter storage is concerned, I have a furnace in my garage and keep it at 50 degrees in the winter. Dave (Grumpy) I would think if you bought a cover that breaths, you should be ok.