PDA

View Full Version : Johnnys1977

johnnys1977
12-31-2009, 12:34 PM
It may be ugly but it's paid for! Over and over and over again!:p
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg166/johnnys1977/HPIM0117-1.jpg

piette
12-31-2009, 02:50 PM
I think thats the first time I have ever seen you post a picture of it Johnny. If I recall, didnt you say that has a 4 speed in it? What engine do you have? 350? A very close friend of mine has one of those sitting in the garage, except its tubbed and well on its way to being a bad ass drag car.

Jeff

1964elcamino
12-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Johnny It maybe ugly as you say, but its also paid for that makes it look like gold to me.Should look like alot of gold to you. That is also the last of the good ones in my eyes. I like it. Gary

johnnys1977
01-01-2010, 03:58 PM
I think thats the first time I have ever seen you post a picture of it Johnny. If I recall, didnt you say that has a 4 speed in it? What engine do you have? 350? A very close friend of mine has one of those sitting in the garage, except its tubbed and well on its way to being a bad ass drag car.

Jeff

Ya, it is a mild built 350 with an ST-10 4speed!
I saved it from being towed off by the city it had a blown up motor and a wore out TH350. Drove it for a while with a rebuilt shift kitted Th350 behind the motor then decided I wanted to recapture a little of the "glory days" and start rowing gears again!:)
I have replaced both doors one front fender the floors and most of the quarter skins! Plus re did the interior using 80 ElCamino buckets.
Hopefully next summer I can get back to work on it. (after my hip replacement)

Derek69SS
01-01-2010, 04:05 PM
You sure your name's not Earl? ;)

grandsport
01-01-2010, 04:07 PM
You really should replace that right rear wheel trim ring.

johnnys1977
01-01-2010, 05:02 PM
You really should replace that right rear wheel trim ring.

The trim rings are no longer on it. But you know they were cheapies from Farm and Fleet from when my son had it for a while. They stayed shiney all the thime until I moved it over to where I was working on it. then they started to rust. I cleaned them multiple timed then they would rust again.
Finally one morning about 5 am I went to jump start the kids work van and saw his neighbors cat spraying the back tire! Seems that is what was making them rust. I scrubbed them off of the ElCamino and tossed them in the bed. They sat in there for two winters and never rusted again!:confused: