PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the front windshield.....?

Warputer
09-05-2010, 03:04 AM
Going to have the windshield replaced next week.....looks like there is some kind of silicone under the front windshield. Did they not use rubber gaskets around them back in 69? :confused:

shadowgray396
09-05-2010, 10:16 AM
When you have your windshield replace make sure who every is doing it know how to do them on a older car. Alot of new guys just want to throw them in. Also you should have 2 brackets at the base of you windshield that help hold it in place when you put it in. A lot of cars are missing them. It keeps the windshield from sliding down when it is first installed.

Ray

flash
09-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I have got to have a new one installed in the 72 vert after driving season is over after the rocks broke it during our 2 week journey out west. Luckily its covered by insurance.

Warputer
09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
When you have your windshield replace make sure who every is doing it know how to do them on a older car. Alot of new guys just want to throw them in. Also you should have 2 brackets at the base of you windshield that help hold it in place when you put it in. A lot of cars are missing them. It keeps the windshield from sliding down when it is first installed.

Ray

I got a guy coming over on Thursday that is supposed to specialize in older car windshield replacements. Thanks for the info on the bracketshttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn273/Warputer1/thumbcool.gif .......I'll let you guys know how it plays out.

Hank70SS
09-13-2010, 08:52 AM
I have got to have a new one installed in the 72 vert after driving season is over after the rocks broke it during our 2 week journey out west. Luckily its covered by insurance.

I have to replace mine too. Rock hit it a few weeks ago on our way to Baker's cruise in.