PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here from LA soon to have '67 SS

dougsthang
09-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Hey everyone,

My name is Doug and I've been out here in California about 20 years coming from Chicago. First years were up in the Bay Area and the last 13 years have been here in LA. Just went through the process of buying my first Chevelle. Was introduced within another forum to Mike Powell (mysterychevelle.com) who guided me through finding and acquiring the car I've been yerning for. Mike had a friend John Padgett (forum member and referred me to join here) who lived in the area of the seller. John was kind enough to go out and drive and check the car out (thanks again John). My car is on the carrier and should be here in about 12 days. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Found these good folks when I was asking questions about what turned out to be a nightmare car with reattached vin plates. Now I have a real 138 car coming here to cruise up and down the coast in. Maybe even a Friday evening Van Nuys Blvd cruise for a little Old School thing.

My career is in the music business, I used to play professionally now do studio work out my house. My corporate career is as a Sales Manager for DigiTech (we make guitar, bass and vocal effects).

Anyway, hey

Ms Grumpy
09-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Welcome Doug. Sounds like you are so excited and we can't wait for you to post some pictures of your new ride. Congratulations !!

1970Turtle
09-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Welcome Doug Waving. I just bought my first Chevelle myself so I know how you're feeling. Cant wait to see pics of it when you finally get it. Congrats!

grandsport
09-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Doug,nice to have you here! Waving Sorry I'm late.:p

grumpy
09-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Welcome Doug, from a fellow Chicagoan. Bet you cannot wait to get your new baby.

flash
09-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Welcome Doug ,and it was a pleasure to help you get your 67 SS dream car. I didnt let her sit in my shop next to my cars as I was afraid they would be jelous. Instead I kept her parked in my wifes parking spot in the attatched garage on the house. Doug, Mike has new photos of her being loaded onto the transport truck.
John

shadowgray396
09-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Welcome Doug, glad to have you here. Post some pictures when you get your 67.

Ray