PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Questions for a 70

Bowtie-Bri
08-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm in the process of putting all the wiring back where it came from on the firewall.
I have a brown wire coming thru a rubber grommet just below the wiper motor.
It doesn't have a connector on it and I'm not sure what its for.

I also have an orange wire in a harness that includes a purple wire and a thin red wire that has some type of insulated covering on it. The orange wire doesn't have a connector on it and I'd like to know what its for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.;)

Hank70SS
08-18-2010, 07:37 AM
The tach wire is a single brown wire that comes through the firewall in that area. Could also be a TCS wire. Follow it back on the inside of the car. If it runs up to the top of the gauge cluster and looks like it goes into the connector it's probably the tach wire. If it runs down below the steering column the it's probably a TCS wire.

What harness are the orange, purple and red wires in?

shadowgray396
08-18-2010, 11:48 PM
I agree with Hank about the brown wire, that is how I have mine labeled to go to. Under the hood you have an engine harness and a front light harness. I did not find the wires you are describing with the insulation covering over them. Usually the ones with the extra protection are close the exhaust manifolds, going to the sending units or down to the starter area.

Ray

Hank70SS
08-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Ray, I talked to Brian on the phone yesterday. He has AC so the orange blower motor wire isn't used. I think we got it sorted out, I also sent him the wiring diagram PDF.