PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Motor Restored

shadowgray396
08-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Just got back my wiper motor for the car today from being restored. Also order a bunch of odds and ends I need to finish the car. Might as well have them here so when I get back to the car I will have them.

Ms Grumpy
08-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Wish mine would have been salvagable. Yours looks sweet.

smoke' em II
08-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Ray, did Steve Hackle restore your wiper motor?

http://www.restorationservice.net/

shadowgray396
08-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Ray, did Steve Hackle restore your wiper motor?

http://www.restorationservice.net/

Yes he did, did a great job.

Ray

smoke' em II
08-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Ray, I am sold! That wiper motor/ washer pump assembly looks absolutely awsome!:)

I am going to send Steve my original wiper motor/ washer pump assembly to rebuild and replate. :cool:

I know the original washer pumps work. I have heard of so many people having problems with the reproduction washer pumps not working. The reason I mention this is because I rebuilt the motor and it looks and works good now, but I could not figure out how to make the pump look good also. So I did a big NO NO and bought the shiney new repro part, boy what a mistake. The original pump cover won't fit on the repro pump, and the cover that came with the repro pump has a flat finish from the injection mold tooling not being fully smoothed out. :mad:

Have you found a good source for the wiper motor decal yet?:confused:

shadowgray396
08-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Steve sent it back with the sticker to put on the motor. I wll put it on when I install the wiper motor.
Ray

smoke' em II
08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Steve sent it back with the sticker to put on the motor. I wll put it on when I install the wiper motor.
Ray

Did he provide you with your wiper motor's original decal (to glue back on)?

or.... did he supply you with a decal that would be a correct reproduction for your application and build date?

It is always nice to know what to expect from a vendor before hand.:)

shadowgray396
08-09-2010, 09:53 PM
It looks like this, and is self sticking

smoke' em II
08-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Cool, Thanks Ray for the help!

Now I know Steve makes the correct wiper motor decal.:)