PDA

View Full Version : Detailing tools

Ms Grumpy
08-04-2010, 09:14 AM
I am looking to find some detailing tools for the interior and exterior of the car. Anything that you have found that works great on cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your classic car.

grandsport
08-04-2010, 09:40 AM
I am looking to find some detailing tools for the interior and exterior of the car. Anything that you have found that works great on cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your classic car.

The best I have found to date is called Maureen.:p

Highway Star
08-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Lots and lots of microfiber towels...they're the goods.

Ms Grumpy
08-04-2010, 09:57 AM
The best I have found to date is called Maureen.:p

Sounds like she is a lucky lady.

Ms Grumpy
08-04-2010, 09:58 AM
What do you use for those small little places?

grandsport
08-04-2010, 10:02 AM
I use a fine detaliers brush. The bristles are about an inch long. A small soft paint brush works good also.

RBeckman
08-04-2010, 10:29 AM
My son used to work as a detailer while he was in School and one of the things they did was take a 1" paint brush and cut the bristles back to about
1" or 2" where its pretty soft but still hard enough to get into the cracks and crevices, I have two of them at home and use them all the time. It's great for getting wax out of those hard to reach places like the SS emblems.

Another trick he taught me was to clean stains and carpet is to use the can style window cleaner that foams up....it does a great job and cheaper and smells better than carpet cleaner.

Something I do when I wash the Chevelle and dry it, I then take the leaf blower and blow all the extra water from molding and vinyl roof, it works great. I used this on my Bike and figured why not the car. My one neighbor laughed at me the first time he seen me do it..now he does it on his ZR1. Note..It works great in the motor area after you spray it down to get all the dust off the fender wells.

God, I love POWER tools.

Ms Grumpy
08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
It's Tool Time with.... "Ric the Toolman Beckman"

Great ides Ric, Thank you.

Sorry about the first line, I just couldn't resist after the power tools comment. lol

RBeckman
08-04-2010, 02:32 PM
It's Tool Time with.... "Ric the Toolman Beckman"

Great ides Ric, Thank you.

Sorry about the first line, I just couldn't resist after the power tools comment. lol

No problem...I like it

Highway Star
08-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Dryer sheets work really well for taking bug guts off of chrome bumpers and trim.

Ms Grumpy
08-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Dryer sheets work really well for taking bug guts off of chrome bumpers and trim.

Makes your car smell great too. Thanks for the great idea.

grandsport
08-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Will work for beer, this weekend only.:p

Ms Grumpy
08-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Will work for beer, this weekend only.:p

How many beers are you planning on drinking? Will I need to make sure we have a dolly available to take you up to your room?

grandsport
08-05-2010, 08:53 PM
How many beers are you planning on drinking? Will I need to make sure we have a dolly available to take you up to your room?

Depends on how many hours I spend on your interior.

Ms Grumpy
08-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Depends on how many hours I spend on your interior.

I will keep you busy, and the beer coming.

Hank70SS
08-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Makes your car smell great too. Thanks for the great idea.

and makes the seat covers nice and soft. :D Invisible Glass window cleaner for windows. It also works good on bumpers for removing bugs and exhaust stains. Another vote for micro fiber towels, good thing they're cheap because we go through a lot of them. As I said in another thread, I don't hose down my car when I wash it, we have well water. I use warm water and a micro fiber. Wipe down one section and dry. The micro fiber will remove bugs, dirt, etc without using soap.

flash
12-18-2011, 04:57 PM
A lot of good info in this thread ,I need to print this off and take it to my shop.