PDA

View Full Version : Baker's in Milford Sunday 3pm-7pm

Ms Grumpy
07-25-2010, 10:52 AM
David and I are heading out to Baker's in Milford with his Jeep today. If anyone plans on going, let us know and maybe we can meet up. Here is the link.

http://www.bakersofmilford.com/1/252/cruisin.asp

RBeckman
07-25-2010, 07:54 PM
It was good to finally meet the Grumpys and one of the offspring today at Milford. I'd say there was about 250 cars there today and as I was walking around I could not help to notice the Jeep Comando <sp> and stopped by (I had not seen this note that they were going to be there), very nice jeep and I'd love to have it. I hope you got to win something with the drivers tickets today...

grumpy
07-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Was great to meet and chat today. It was our first outing to Bakers, and won't be our last. Hope to catch Hank out there next time.

Dave

Ms Grumpy
07-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Just got home a few minutes ago. Thanks for the tickets Ric, and nope didn't win anything. The 50/50 was $170.00 and I didn't win that one either. It was a nice show. I like going to a show that you got to see cars in all stages of restoration. I liked the Chevy wagon that was chopped.

For those of you who have never met Ric, he is a really nice guy. And he has a sweet Chevelle. I like the colors. I had commented to David how I liked the car and the stripe down the side even before we met you, you know I am a sucker for a stripe on the side.

For anyone who has never been to this show, you need to go. I was pleasantly surprised. The people that put it on are welcoming, the crowd of people as well as the cars is diverse, for the women in the group, they have clean bathrooms and more than 1 or 2 of them, good food (we actually went inside and ate), the 50/50 goes to local charities. I could go on and on. I will say for all the cruises that I have gone to over the years, this has got to be one of my favorites. And as soon as I can figure out how to get the pics off my phone, I will try to post them.

Again Ric, it was a pleasure meeting you, and hope you consider the Ohio show in a few weeks.

grandsport
07-25-2010, 08:29 PM
If anyone really cares,Maureen headed out to the mall in her Jeep today!Waving

Ms Grumpy
07-25-2010, 08:31 PM
So did she spend all the money you made while sitting "pool side" ?

grandsport
07-25-2010, 08:32 PM
So did she spend all the money you made while sitting "pool side" ?

Ouch,that hurt.:p

Ms Grumpy
07-25-2010, 08:36 PM
lol....just being a smarty pants, you know that. But you still didn't answer the question.

grandsport
07-25-2010, 08:43 PM
lol....just being a smarty pants, you know that. But you still didn't answer the question.

She has her money,I got mine.Works well that way. Plus I think she makes more than me. She is always buying me stuff.:)

Ms Grumpy
07-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Sounds familiar. I always wondered if we were the exception to the rule, but you have proved me wrong. I always had my money, and David his, people always told me that it was a recipe for divorce, cause he always had money. It never really bothered me. So we aren't the only ones.

RBeckman
07-25-2010, 08:56 PM
We do the same thing on Finances...we do let each other know about big purchases but for the normal day to day stuff we are seprate and one savings account......It's worked for 20 years so why mess with it.

Ms Grumpy
07-25-2010, 09:00 PM
This really amazes me. Maybe that is why their are so many divorces, people actually put all their money together, and spend more than they have.

How did we get from a cruise thread to a finances thread? lol

grandsport
07-25-2010, 09:02 PM
This really amazes me. Maybe that is why their are so many divorces, people actually put all their money together, and spend more than they have.

How did we get from a cruise thread to a finances thread? lol

Grandsport posted here,that's why.:p

Ms Grumpy
07-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Naw, I just got off on a tangent. Sorry guys.

Hank70SS
07-27-2010, 08:24 AM
I missed this post and I guess I missed meeting Nancy and David. We're usually there on Sundays and so is Ray. This week we had to go to the east side for a birthday dinner and Ray had to attend a wedding shower for his cousin.

Nothing going on the next few Sundays and this weekend is supposed to be a nice one.

Oh, and Ric really isn't that nice once you get to know him. He just put's on a good show when you first meet him. :D

RBeckman
07-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Oh, and Ric really isn't that nice once you get to know him. He just put's on a good show when you first meet him. :D

That's what my wife tells me too...:D But then Gary did not like me from the beginning (Must have been the Beanie Baby comments).

Hank70SS
07-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Coming down to Baker's next Sunday Ric? Pretty sure we'll be there, Ray will probably be there too, Chevelle this time, he decided to sell the Harley.

Ms Grumpy
07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
That's what my wife tells me too...:D But then Gary did not like me from the beginning (Must have been the Beanie Baby comments).

Heck, Grumpy doesn't like anyone. So we will get along just fine !

Hank70SS
07-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Sounds like Grumpy needs a door mat like Tony has, it says Go Away.

grandsport
07-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Why does Grumpy not like me?

grumpy
07-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Sounds like Grumpy needs a door mat like Tony has, it says Go Away.

Where can I get one ? I gotta have one !

Hank70SS
07-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Where can I get one ? I gotta have one !

Ask FlintTony, he has one outside his shop. He also has 2 German Shepherds that tend to keep people away. Especially Axle, you can pet him for a half hour, then if you get up and go to the bathroom he forgets who you are and barks at you when you come back. :D

Ms Grumpy
07-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Why does Grumpy not like me?

He always says, "I'm not prejudice, I hate everyone". How do you think he got the name Grumpy?

grandsport
07-27-2010, 06:00 PM
He always says, "I'm not prejudice, I hate everyone". How do you think he got the name Grumpy?

You have noticed my signature?;)

Ms Grumpy
07-27-2010, 07:04 PM
That's why I said you two will get along very well.

RBeckman
07-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Coming down to Baker's next Sunday Ric? Pretty sure we'll be there, Ray will probably be there too, Chevelle this time, he decided to sell the Harley.

Yeah I should be there, we are heading to Twas on Leslie's Dad's sail boat on Thursday and will back Sunday Morning. I will be at Milford on Wed if weather is good.

Ms Grumpy
07-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Got to much to do with taking the car to Dart to have them look at motor and see if they can figure out what is wrong.

Hank70SS
07-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Yeah I should be there, we are heading to Twas on Leslie's Dad's sail boat on Thursday and will back Sunday Morning. I will be at Milford on Wed if weather is good.

You mean Holly on Wednesday? They're talking about thunderstorms this afternoon and more early evening.

RBeckman
07-28-2010, 01:02 PM
You mean Holly on Wednesday? They're talking about thunderstorms this afternoon and more early evening.

Yep on Holly...It's starting to look a little overcast here in Wixom.