PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Sweden chimes in

Coolvette
07-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Iīd like to join the forum and find out what I donīt know and why to get a Chevelle as my next car...

A little about myself:

Soon to turn 50 years young.
Have wasted far to many years on motorbikes but have found an urge to explore american mucsle cars, a bit late but still.

Iīve had an 1958 Cadillac, an 1973 Stingray Convertible and I now have an 1957 Bel Air Sport Sedan wich I will sell to finance the purchase of some kind of an musclecar, perhaps an Chevelle depending on what I find when I have the money...

Letīs just wait and see if I find what I look for.

grandsport
07-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi Coolvette,nice to have you here!Waving I too was a Corvette owner for many years.:eek:

Highway Star
07-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Welcome to the site. I have friends that live near Sundsvall. Glad to have you here.

Ms Grumpy
07-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Welcome Coolvette. Doesn't matter what kind of car you drive, just as long as you have a love of cars. Glad your here.

Hank70SS
07-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi Coolvette, glad you found us. Hope you find a Chevelle, they're awesome cars.

Ms Grumpy
07-24-2010, 07:55 PM
So Coolvette what kind of bikes have you had? Grumpy and my son always like to check out the bikes that they see.

Coolvette
07-25-2010, 04:12 AM
So Coolvette what kind of bikes have you had? Grumpy and my son always like to check out the bikes that they see.

I used to ride a Ducati Monster, I had one for six years but I found myself tired of riding alone so I sold it and picked up an surpressed dream of owning american classic cars.

My first classic was an 1958 Cadillac Series 62 with extended deck.
That car was long, too long for my garage so I sold it after one year.

Next car was another old dream, a 1973 Stingray Convertible, I really enjoyed that car for two summers.

Now I have an 1957 Bel Air Sport Sedan with full history to the first owner, you can find some of it here: www.chevy57.se

Now I have the Bel Air for sale and when itīs gone I will look for a late sixties or early seventies musclecar, possibly a Chevelle wich Iīm very fond of.

I am not fanatic in any kind, I will look for a nice and tempting car of any brand so I might as well end up wth a Ford or a Mopar...

Ms Grumpy
07-25-2010, 05:54 AM
Now, if your in Sweden it has to be a little more difficult to find some of these cars, or am I wrong. Are the american made cars easily found in Sweden?

Coolvette
07-25-2010, 08:01 AM
Now, if your in Sweden it has to be a little more difficult to find some of these cars, or am I wrong. Are the american made cars easily found in Sweden?

No, we actually have a lot of america cars here.
Especially considering we are a quite small country with just over 9 million citizens.

It is actually quite difficult to find buyers to all of the cars that is for sale but that can also be seen as many sellers put too high price on their cars.

Have a look at one of our most popular ad sites: http://www.usabil.nu/default.asp

You will find a lot of american cars in all kinds of shapes.

shadowgray396
07-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Welcome from Oregon, glad to have you here.

Ray

Ms Grumpy
07-25-2010, 10:56 AM
I think I am gonna have to buy a book on the Sweedish language so that I can read that website. lol...

Coolvette
07-25-2010, 04:52 PM
I think I am gonna have to buy a book on the Sweedish language so that I can read that website. lol...

No need to, on the left side you can click on the american banner and change the language.

Highway Star
07-25-2010, 07:04 PM
My father went to Sweden a few years ago, a brought a large box of parts for his friend in Sundsvall that was building a '58 Chevy Sedan.

Ms Grumpy
07-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Thank you Coolvette, I only had a few minutes to look, but looks like some sweet cars. I will look more tomorrow.

grandsport
07-25-2010, 09:07 PM
I still like ABBA.:ntwrthy: