PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Back to Bricks on Sat Aug 21st

RBeckman
06-30-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm in contact with the organizers of the downtown part of the show on Saturday to set up parking as a CAR Club for us and friends so we can park together. I need to get a rough count, so let me know if you would like to park with us.

Thanks

Hank70SS
06-30-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure Ric. If John is going to park his 69 there it's really going to make my car look like crap, I may park somewhere else. :D

grumpy
06-30-2010, 02:26 PM
I go where ever the misses tells me. If she wants to make the trip up, then ill ride shotgun.

RBeckman
06-30-2010, 02:30 PM
I go where ever the misses tells me. If she wants to make the trip up, then ill ride shotgun.

Dave..bring the Jeep, people love that kind of stuff

Hank70SS
06-30-2010, 05:39 PM
You're pretty close to Woodward Dave so if you're willing to miss the Dream Cruise come and join us. Unless you have a parking spot locked in I don't know anyone willing to drive there car there on Saturday.

FlintTony
07-01-2010, 05:24 AM
I'll be at the Bricks. Not too sure if I'll bring a car down or not. That would mean I have to stay all day, and I ain't much on sticking around all day. I will be doing the cruise from Flint to Grand Blanc every night.

Hank70SS
07-01-2010, 07:39 AM
They don't lock you in Tony, you're free to leave whenever you want.

RBeckman
07-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Tony gets the best spots anyway since he is with AA Racing Engines

Ms Grumpy
07-01-2010, 07:19 PM

YEAH>>>>

I finally got him trained....lol..just kidding David.

We have considered going to the Back to the Bricks because woodward has gotten so crazy, and we hear that they welcome cars at the Back to the Bricks show.

Put me down for one, cause if we change our mind I am sure that you could find someone to fill it.

Bowtie-Bri
07-02-2010, 08:55 AM
I just found out our Co. picnic is this very same day!:( So, I don't think I'll be able to go.....

RBeckman
07-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Our own FlintTony's car the Mad Gasser has made it on the local news to promote the Back to the Bricks car cruise. It is at the 1:06 minute mark.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=7577417

grumpy
07-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Our own FlintTony's car the Mad Gasser has made it on the local news to promote the Back to the Bricks car cruise. It is at the 1:06 minute mark.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=7577417

Thats so cool, do you have a link to the story ?

grumpy
07-29-2010, 09:43 PM
duh, im and idiot, did not see the link.

FlintTony
07-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Well, I'll be durned.

Ms Grumpy
07-30-2010, 12:57 PM
That is so cool.

RBeckman
08-12-2010, 01:39 PM
There is a pre-back to the bricks cruise in Davison on Friday night Aug 13th along with Davison's regular Friday night cruise. I'm planning on going.

Tony, will you be there since this is in your back yard?

Ms Grumpy
08-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Ric, we have a big plans for the weekend. My sister is getting married. Grumpy is going to an audio club show that Audiokarma has helped sponsor, and hopefully I will pick up my Chevelle from my brothers garage. My car has been there since last weekend, haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.

I hope the weather holds out for you.

FlintTony
08-12-2010, 06:13 PM
I'll be there Ric. Give me a call when you get here. Drag Hank and Ray up with you.

RBeckman
08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
I'll be there Ric. Give me a call when you get here. Drag Hank and Ray up with you.

I'll call Hank tomorrow if he does not see this and respond. I talk to John today (the 69 Silver Chevelle that was at Frankenmuth with us last year) and he is going to Davison tomorrow as well, so we will get hold of you when we get there.

Hank, give me a call if you want to go and see if Ray want's to go and we can meet in Fenton meet with John and head over to Davison.

FlintTony
08-14-2010, 07:28 AM
Did you guys make it? I hung around for a while in the heat, but didn't get a phone call.

RBeckman
08-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Did you guys make it? I hung around for a while in the heat, but didn't get a phone call.

Yeah I made it there about 6 and looked for one of your cars and did not see any, I ended up parking in the back 40. John said he seen you but did not talk to you. I had forgot my phone so I had no numbers. It was HOT, nice cruise thou and plan on going back, when I left I went down Davison Rd and see that there was another cruise at John Pizza that looked like a lot of cars.

FlintTony
08-14-2010, 08:21 AM
I had the Nomad , parked on Main street, North end of towm. We went to Graff Chevy first to get the ticket for the t-shirt. When we left Davison, we went to Johns for a minuet. Didn't get the shirt, they wouldn't give them out till 9:30. We're there almost every Friday.

Hank70SS
08-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Hey guys, sorry I missed this. Henry had a couple of surgeries the last 2 weeks, Susan is in town for a visit, this week has been a little crazy.

Ray is over on the east side, he was standing up in his cousin's wedding on Saturday.

FlintTony
08-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Hey Hank...How's Henry doing? I hope all is well. The cruise starts here Wed, if you guys come up give me a call.

RBeckman
08-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Final call for who will need a parking spot in Flint on Saturday. We have 9 spots, so if you have anyone else let me know. So far here is who I know for sure.

Ric
John (not on board but has a nice 69 chevelle)
Hank
Ray?

I had to make 8x11 sheets of paper to place in your windshield so that you can get to our parking spot with no hassles. They also have requested that we go in on the north end of town and I will send out directions for those not familar coming in from 1-475 and Robert T Longway Blvd.

Let me know your email address so I can send you the pc of paper and directions...

Hank I should see you and Ray this week so I can give it to you then.

Tony, you are welcome to park with us if you are not parking with AA as it will be easy out if you want to leave early. We are on Union St between the old Hyatt and Citzens bank which is a great spot.

FlintTony
08-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Ric...I am traking the Nomad, my brother might take my Nova. If you have 2 spots, shoot me the paper.

FlintTony
08-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Ric...I tried to send you a PM with Kathys e-mail, but it says you don't accept PM's. She has the printer on her computer.

Hank70SS
08-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey, short of hail storms we'll be there. We(me) were planning on doing the rolling cruise on Wednesday, Henry and Susan are going to a concert Wednesday. Susan leaves Thursday afternoon.

Tony, Henry is doing good, thanks for asking. He had a minor hernia repaired 2 weeks ago. Last Monday he had nasal surgery. So he's been sitting around watching us cut the grass, weed whack etc. He's doing pretty good, no real problems, just has to take it easy.

That would be great if you join us Tony. Doug is still here I guess, good. I enjoyed the time we spent with him and Tina at your place.

I'll call Ray tomorrow, I'm pretty sure he's in but I never know with him. With his family situation you never know what's going to happen next.

RBeckman
08-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Ric...I tried to send you a PM with Kathys e-mail, but it says you don't accept PM's. She has the printer on her computer.

Tony, try it now...I think I have it set up right now.

Hank70SS
08-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Ric, email me the info too, thanks.

FlintTony
08-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Tony, try it now...I think I have it set up right now.

PM sent. Looks like it worked.

RBeckman
08-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Tony,

I sent the paper to print out to Kathy's email..let me know if she has any issues printing it out as it is in powerpoint.

Hank, I don't have your email so I've attached it here..see if it works.

They are requesting that we enter the from the north end of town and I'm sure Tony knows how to get there but you may need directions. When coming from US-23, go east on I-69 (towards Port Huron) to I-475 North, then about 1 mile down on I-475 get off at the Robert T Longway Blvd exit and then turn left, follow that for about a 1/2 mile past U of M to Saginaw St and that is where they will let you in, then as soon as you cross the river is Union St, we are on the right hand side between the U of M student Housing and Citizen Bank HQ.

They are requring that someone be there at 6 A.M. so I'll be there then. We now have 10 spots at 10' for each car.

Hank70SS
08-17-2010, 08:24 AM
I left a message for Ray, should hear from him sometime today. I'll send you my email so you can send me the stuff. I hope to be up there tomorrow.

Hank70SS
08-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Ray will be coming Saturday. He won't be there for the rolling cruise. Has to pick up his daughter tomorrow and plans on going to Woodward Thursday with his brother.

FlintTony
08-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey Ric...As it stands now, my brother isn't going to bring the Nova.

RBeckman
08-18-2010, 12:15 PM
WARNING WARNING WARNING..
Just read on Facebook that the cops were out in Full Force last night and enforcing the no burnout or turning of the tires...and it was not even a official night of cruising.

FlintTony
08-18-2010, 01:23 PM
A good friend of mine is the head of the motorcycle cops, traffic enforcement, for the City of Flint. He told me there are 10 State Troopers, 10 City cops, 5 County cops and a drunk driving, federaly funded bunch of 12. All these are for the City limits. There are a total of 10 different Police agencies for the entire cruise route. He suggested no tire squeeling at all.

RBeckman
08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
He suggested no tire squeeling at all.

I'm taking that advise....me need no tickets

FlintTony
08-19-2010, 08:25 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs157.ash2/41209_1268856942012_1847500527_500446_5512952_n.jp g

Here's how my day ended at the cruise.

grumpy
08-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Dang, what happened, nothing serious I hope ??

RBeckman
08-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Damn Tony what happened? I've seen more cars on flat beds in the last two days that I have in the last three years. We had a Trans-Am start on Fire in front of us on Wed in Front of the old Fisher Body HQ.

FlintTony
08-20-2010, 04:59 AM
I'm pretty sure it's the ignition coil. I have a Mallory set-up in the distributor that takes a special coil. Got a coil on the way. Should be here today. I absolutely hate this electronic junk. I can fix a points system, but I can't even diagnose this modern junk. I have a points type distributor all set up, ready to install. We made it all but the last 3 miles home. This is the first time in my life that I've had to be hauled home. Pretty damned embarrassing.

RBeckman
08-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Tony, I agree 100%, I hate that I have to have someone work on my everyday car when it's not running right. Hell I can't even see the spark plugs on my 09 Impala.

I can change a set of points and gap them with my eyes shut. but I do have to say I have a older style HEI in the Chevelle and it is nice not having to change the points evey 10,000 miles like we used to.

FlintTony
08-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Got the new Mallory coil today. Installed it, car started right up. Ran for 10 seconds and started missing. I took the piece of sh!t Mallory unilite out. Put the points distributor, new coil, and resistor in it. Fired right up, runs up to 7 grand, no problem. I hate modern stuff.

Oh yeah...I called Mallory to see if thier R&D or warranty guys would be interested in getting this set-up back to find out why it failed after just a few hundred miles. They couldn't care less. I will never buy another Mallory product.

RBeckman
08-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Don't they have a warranty?

FlintTony
08-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Don't they have a warranty?

It's out of warranty. It sat in the engine for 3 or so years before I even fired it.

Just got back from downtown Flint. It's a freaking mad-house! Lots and lots of people and cars. Pretty good food and bands too. We went on top of Mott Building.

RBeckman
08-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Just got back from back to bricks and had a great time, had a little rain but not enough to distract the 3000+ cars, one of the guys with us had a 32 yellow Ford Coupe that he was asked to have it in the america graffiti display that had John milliner and Cindy Williams, he tried to get him to get in so he could take a pic but John wouldn't do it as he is in pretty bad shape. Too bad

Bowtie-Bri
08-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Pictures?:worthless:Waving

RBeckman
08-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I have some pics but I now I have to figure out how to get them from my camera to my new Ipad that I just got and can't figure out. :eek: